ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Symptoms of ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
There is a wide range of symptoms but most notable are:
- Post exertional malaise - inability to cope with activities of daily living and exercise
- Depression and anxiety
- Disturbed sleep patterns particularly difficulty getting to or remaining asleep
- Non-restorative sleep and poor-quality sleep
- Difficulty focusing attention and memory recall
- Difficulty reading due to poor visual focus
- Spinal Joint pains
- Menstrual cycle and other hormonal imbalances
- Sensitivity to loud sounds and bright light
You will receive:
- The Perrin Technique, which is a combination of lymphatic draining targeting lymphatic back flow, gentle spinal mobility, and craniosacral therapy used in conjunction with a gentle lymph drainage and spinal mobility home program
- Holistic advice on pacing your daily activities, an anti-inflammatory diet, breathing techniques, wellness and mindfulness exercises for stress relief and management, and talk therapies or counselling.
Patients suffering from Long COVID symptoms are also responding to The Perrin Technique. The NHS is currently sponsoring a study to show the efficacy of The Perrin Technique home rehab program as a stand alone treatment to treat the symptoms of Long COVID.
SUPPLEMENTS THAT HELP!
Ask me about Enrique Schoch's Perrin Pack, which can be purchased at Fruits & Roots in Bryanston - https://fruitsandroots.co.za/. The pack consists of Ubiquinol co-enzyme 10, Omega 3 and 6 and a B vitamin supplement. As a patient at Kerrie Austin Physiotherapy, you will receive a 10% discount when you buy it from Fruits & Roots. Enrique also has a Lyme disease protocol and he has plans for an online shop coming soon. He himself is a patient receiving The Perrin Technique (disclaimer).
Books / Resources
The Perrin Technique, 2nd edition by Dr Raymond Perrin (Osteopath)
The Perrin Technique Handbook For Patients by Dr Raymond Perrin - available from Amazon on Kindle or hard copy
Integrative Healing: Developing Wellness in The Mind and Body by Z Altug (Physiotherapist)
Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Myalgia Encephalitis: It's Mitochondria Not Hypochondria by Dr Sarah Myhil - Dr Myhil's approach is quite rigid but her research into mitochondrial involvement in the pathophysiology of ME/CFS is very interesting to read and is available from Amazon on Kindle or hard copy
ME/CFS Foundation of South Africa - www.mecfssa.org
The ME Association www.meassociation.org.uk
www.nhs.uk - for ME/CFS and Long COVID information and advice
Watch the candid interview with famous British comedian and TV talk show host, Jonathan Ross, as he discusses the improvements his daughter suffering from fibromyalgia has experienced from being treated using The Perrin Technique - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11585751/Jonathan-Ross-reveals-rarely-seen-daughter-Betty-30-currently-using-electric-wheelchair.html